Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Apple Employee

During the beginning of the semester my attitude was that companies should not be able to fire people for things that they post on the internet.  After reading many different articles about the subject I have changed my mind.  I now believe that people should be able to get fired over things they say.  For example if you are scheduled to work, but you have tickets to go see a sports game and you call in sick and you post things on the internet, then you should definitely get fired.  In the the case with the Apple Employee, he should definitely be fired because he was talking negatively about his own store he worked in.

2 comments:

  1. Many people say negative things about their place of employment. Whether or not it is right or wrong is situation dependent. However, there is always a time, place and appropriate audience. I am also all for disciplinary action, including termination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is good that you have changed your attitude towards social media and work ethic.

    ReplyDelete